The tournament begins at 8am and ends at 1pm.
ICE FISHING CONTEST RULES
- This one-day ice fishing tournament on Lake Altoona is an individual event.
- There is a $25 contest entry fee when purchased in advance. Entry fee will be $35 if purchased on the day of the event. Advanced entry fees may be purchased via the Volume One website at https://volume one tickets.org/events/fishing-for-freedom-2-20-2021. All entry fees will also include one ticket for a grand raffle prize. No refunds will be given for any reason. All proceeds from this event will to go to support Fierce Freedom.
- Participants may fish anywhere on Lake Altoona with the maximum number of lines as directed per DNR regulations.
- All tournament participants must be legally eligible to fish and have any required licenses.
- Participants may fish with or without a shelter. Shelters may be setup prior to event but the participant may not enter the shelter until 8am start.
- Participants may drill as many holes as they wish but each participant must maintain at least 12 feet of distance from another participant.
- This event will not supply or sell food or beverages, so please plan accordingly.
- Contestants are responsible for their own safety and property at all times during the tournament. Each person attends the contest at their own risk. Event organizers, the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce and Fierce Freedom will not be liable for any personal injuries, damage, or loss sustained by participant including those caused by negligence of agents or other administrators of the Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce or Fierce Freedom.
- Tournament rules are subject to change without notice at event organizers sole discretion.
- Unsportsmanlike or unethical behavior is grounds for disqualification.
- All fish brought for weigh in must be caught on the day of the tournament and during the tournament hours.
- All fish entered in contest must be alive and brought to a weigh-in station immediately.
- Participants must weigh all fish at the official tournament weigh station by 1:00pm. All fish kept by the angler will be marked at weigh station so they cannot be registered again. Face Masks are required at the weigh station.
- Contest prizes will be determined by the weight of a single registered fish per category. The 4 categories of fish are: (1) Perch, (2) Walleye (3) Northern and (4) Crappie.Fish not listed here are ineligible for registration. Tiebreaker will be determined by the contestant weighing the fish at the earliest time, Only fish caught by the contestant are eligible to be entered in the contest. Any contestant who enters a fish caught by another individual will be immediately disqualified.
- Prizes: Each contestant will automatically qualify for a chance to win the Grand Prize. Additionally, there will be category winners for largest fish in the 4 categories.
- Raffle: No registration is required to purchase raffle tickets. Raffle tickets will be available for purchase during tournament hours. Purchaser can select which raffle prizes they would like to be entered to win. Winners will be drawn by hand at random. You do not need to be present to win raffle prizes. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of the event.
- No refunds will be given for any reason.
- Prizes valued at $500 or above will require a social security number to comply with federal and state tax reporting requirements.
- All contestants and spectators hereby consent to the use of any names, photographs or likenesses of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including all media forms.
- Please remove all garbage from the ice when you leave.
Thank you and have fun!